Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sweet and Sour Champion

Lately, since I've had a considerable amount of time on my hands, I have been trying out lots of new recipes. During this time, I've been craving some legit Chinese restaurant style sweet and sour chicken. I've looked at and tried a few recipes but none lived up to my expectations until last Tuesday. I've found the champion! Thanks to Jamie Wood in my outdated copy of the Green Valley 4th Ward Cookbook . . .

Sweet and Sour Chicken

2 eggs, beaten
1 c. flour
4 chicken breasts, cut up
1 green pepper
1 can pineapple chunks

Sauce:
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. pineapple juice
1 T. ketchup

Cover chicken with egg and flour and brown in pan. Add diced green pepper and can of pineapple when chicken is done. Simmer sauce until thick and then pour over chicken. Simmer 3 minutes.

We had this with Devin's Famous Fried Rice and it was a delicious cultural experience! The only thing it was missing was the red food coloring. ha ha Bon appetit!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Devin could make fried rice! Your blog header is cute.

    ReplyDelete